Effective Date: January 8, 2013
Types of Information Collected.
We may collect the following types of personal information about you:
(1) information that you actively choose to disclose when you submit an information request through the Site, sign up to receive one of our community e-newsletters , participate in an online survey or use the "Send to a Friend" feature on the Site, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address or other information by which you may be identified,
(2) information passively collected when you visit the Site, such as your IP address, browser type and other software and hardware information, and information about what web pages you have visited, what queries you have run and advertisements you have seen, and
(3) information that other people provide to us about you when they send you a property listing using the "Send to a Friend" feature on the Site.
Use of Information Provided.
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about you, except as described herein. We and our affiliates may use and disclose personal information collected from you through the Site in the following circumstances:
- To contact you. We may periodically send you information and promotional materials about our and our affiliates' services, properties and products in which we believe you may be interested. If you want to stop receiving informational and promotional materials from us you can follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or contact us at email@example.com.
- To fulfill requests submitted by you. If you request information, products or services from us or our affiliates, we and our affiliates may use and disclose this information to unaffiliated third parties in order to fulfill your request, for example, by disclosing your personal information to our independent sales agents so that they may follow up with you in connection with your request. These independent sales agents and other third parties are not authorized by us to use or disclose your personal information except as necessary to fulfill your request. If we receive your email address because someone you know has sent a property listing to you through the "Send to a Friend" feature on the Site, we will not use your email address for any reason other than to send you the property listing, and any related message, that is sent to you by that person.
- To perform market research. We may use and disclose information collected through the Site for market research purposes, for project planning or for development of prospect lists for our and our affiliates' communities. In addition, we and our affiliates may use your information in an aggregate manner with the information of others and may use and disclose such statistical information in connection with managing our business.
- To provide and manage the Site. We use the information we collect from and about users to measure and improve the services and features offered through the Site, to allow you to participate in contests or promotions, to enable you to communicate and share with other users, and to provide you with customer support and respond to inquiries.
- To allow third party service providers to assist us in connection with the Site. We may make your personal information available to certain third-party service providers, such as contractors, agents or sponsors, who help us manage or provide services by, for example: developing or supporting products and features; conducting email marketing on our behalf; processing transactions; administering message boards; processing data or statistics; or assisting with the administration, judging and prize fulfillment aspects of contests, promotions and sweepstakes. These outside service providers are required to protect the personal information entrusted to them and not use it for any other purpose than the specific service they are providing to us.
We use "cookies" and other tracking technologies which are comprised of small bits of data that often include an anonymous, unique identifier. The Site sends this data to your browser when you first request a webpage and then stores the data on your computer so that the Site can access the information when you make subsequent requests for webpages from the Site. We use these technologies to help us provide a better user experience by measuring which Site areas are of greatest interest to you. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, however, you can choose to disable cookies in your browser. If you elect to disable cookies in your browser you should still be able to access most webpages on the Site.
Certain web pages on the Site may contain web beacons (also known as internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). When you receive newsletters or promotional e-mail from us, or use the "Send to a Friend" feature on the Site, we may use web beacons, customized links or similar technologies to determine the date and time the e-mail was sent, whether the e-mail has been opened and which links you click in order to provide you with more focused communications and information.
Chat Rooms, Bulletin Boards and Interactive Forums.
In addition, if you post information about yourself on bulletin boards or similar interactive portions of our Site, St. Joe has no control over others who may view your information and decide to use it for some authorized or unauthorized purpose. Thus, use caution before posting personal information in any such interactive portions of our Site.
Notice to Residents of Countries outside of the United States.
St. Joe is headquartered in the U.S., the Site is hosted in the U.S. and the data you submit to the Site is stored in the U.S. The privacy and data protection laws in the U.S. may not be equivalent to similar laws in your country of residence. By using the Site, or by providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the U.S.
Securing Your Information.
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical and physical precautions to keep the information about you that we have gathered protected from unauthorized use or access. You should recognize, however, that no computer system is fully secure and that there are inherent risks associated with the Internet.
Use Caution when Visiting Other Sites.
Our Site includes links to other sites
operated by other entities. Those sites may have different privacy policies. When
of that site before you submit any personal information. Such policies are usually
posted on the Site or available through clearly posted links. We are not responsible
for the privacy policies of or activities on such other sites.
This Site is not for children under 13 years old.
The Site is not directed to children under the age of 13. We comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and will not knowingly collect or use personal information from anyone under 13. Minors who are 13 years old or over should secure the permission of their parent or guardian before providing any information on or through the Site. We ask parents to be particularly careful in supervising any children using the Site, especially the interactive portions.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information Maintained About You/Ability to
Opt Out of Further Contacts.
In the event you wish to determine the nature of the information
we have collected from or about you, please
(b) Updates and Corrections.
In addition, if you have corrections or updates
to the information we are maintaining about you (your address for example), please
help us keep your information accurate by
with the corrected information.
(c) Opt Out.
In the event that you do not wish to receive future marketing
and similar materials from us (other than those we are required by law or by contract
to provide to you), please
and notify us of your request. Our inadvertent failure to comply
with this request shall not be a violation of this policy. Please note that we may
have gathered information about you through other sites, sources, methods and means
(including through our affiliates) and this opt out may not necessarily be applied
to the information held about you in those databases developed as a result of those
sources. In addition, if you opt out to receive certain information, you may not
be able to utilize certain portions of the Site.
If you have questions about the operation of this site or
other matters, please direct them to our
We reserve the right to change this Privacy